Using managed IT services frees up key business resources to focus on your core business.
Using a managed IT services provider lets you access skillsets that aren’t available in-house.
Managed IT services can reduce your total IT costs and gives you predictable expenditure.
The managed services
Your on-premises infrastructure includes physical servers, virtual servers, storage and backup systems, disaster recovery systems, intrusion prevention devices (firewalls), network switches and routers (LAN/WAN), workstations/desktop, printers and other peripherals, email, smart phones, etc.
To keep all this infrastructure and the applications that run on it working smoothly requires maintenance and monitoring. Velvet Systems’ managed IT services does everything you need, including:
- 24x7x365 Infrastructure and application monitoring.
- Security management – managed antivirus, simulated phishing attack exercises, and vulnerability scan / penetration testing.
- Backup monitoring.
- Mobile device management.
- Email backups.
- Proactive maintenance of all your IT infrastructure (security patches, operating system updates, etc.).
- Proactive maintenance of your applications.
- Microsoft and 3rd party application updates.
- Monthly network reporting.
- Asset management.
- Microsoft365 licenses with automatic updating.
We prepare your organisation and your systems for managed IT services by ensuring everything is up to the right standard, including:
- Auditing your infrastructure and upgrading as required
- Network setup as required
- Onboarding security training
- Documenting your system if needed
We will also fully manage the transition of managed services from your existing service provider to Velvet Systems if you have one.
If you need new infrastructure as you move to managed services we have an experienced project delivery team who can deploy anything you need from a simple workstation to an enterprise grade hyper-converged infrastructure (“HCI”) solution.
When challenges happen you are in good hands. Velvet Systems provides the right level of care to get things working again:
- If your business is unable to function because of an IT failure we will provide an immediate response. If we cannot provide a solution remotely, we will dispatch a field support technician.
- If your business is enduring IT challenges but is still able to function our standard response time is within 2 hours and is often much less.
- Our mix of remote support, onsite support, and after-hours support ensures your business keeps running.
To support your business moving into the future Velvet Systems includes the following as part of your managed IT services:
- A dedicated Account Manager.
- A defined amount of project labour each year to use as you like.
- A defined amount of IT consulting services each year to use as you like.
- Regular partnership navigation committee meetings for you to share your needs and for Velvet Systems to share industry trends and provide strategic guidance.
Ozcrete Pools has been using Velvet Systems for many years now to manage our IT needs. Velvet Systems has been there helping us through the transitions and solving the little issues that crop up. I would recommend Velvet Systems to anyone needing good, reliable, prompt IT support at any level, but especially Velvet System's Managed Services.Ozcrete PoolsBrisbane
Velvet Systems have been looking after our business needs for many years. They are always helpful and efficient. Recently, we moved office and we were so grateful to have the Velvet team on our side, working for the best possible outcome. I would recommended them to anyone needing IT support and guidance.Brisbane Wealth managementBrisbane
You guys are fantastic! Thank you for always being so helpful and efficient! Jeremy is always great when he comes out to the office to assist!Samantha GBrisbane
How well does your current managed services provider meet your needs?
Availability – can your service provider respond 24x7x365 for your mission critical systems?
Breadth of experience – does your service provider have the skills and experience to look after all your infrastructure and applications?
Fast response time – how quickly does your service provider respond to a call for help, and do they have severity levels that inform different response times and approaches? Do they have a formal escalation process?
Budget planning – are the costs predictable?
Disaster recovery capability – does your service provider “have your back” in the event of a disaster? Are the right backups available? Is the recovery capability regularly tested?
Is on-site support available when needed?
The cloud – can your service provider help you migrate to the cloud when the time is right?
Security testing and monitoring – does everything have current antivirus? Does you provider provide training, penetration testing, phishing exercises?
Support for your employees – does your service provider relate to your staff in a confident, warm and friendly manner, particularly during times of stress?
Proactive maintenance – does your service provider keep all your infrastructure maintained and up-to-date?