Consultants provide access to specialised technical knowledge that isn’t available in your organisation.
Consultants provide independent advice.
Consultants can ramp-up and deliver results quickly.
Consultants provide access to diversity of ideas from experiences outside your organisation.
A history of delivering successful consulting assignments
The Velvet Systems team has recently delivered (or is in the process of delivering) the following consulting assignments for our clients.
- Cybersecurity risk analyses, network security assessments, and website security assessments. Learn more about security.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity assessments. Learn more about disaster recovery.
- Cloud services assessments and vendor selection. Learn more about cloud migration.
- Managed document workflow creation.
- Commercial and regulatory compliance audits for document security, traceability and archiving.
- Network architecture design.
- Server room design.
- Software choice assessment (fitness for purpose).
- Systems and infrastructure integration assessments.
- Web presence and SEO assessments.
- Implementing workflow improvements through the use of technology.
- Internet services options assessments.
- Office network cable designs.
- Remote telecommunications options assessments.
- Development of COVID-19 working-from-home procedures.
- Development of unified technology plans – strategy development, and board level presentations.
- CCTV / security camera requirements analyses.
- Phone systems requirements analyses.
We have been using Velvet Systems for a number of years and have found them to be extremely helpful, and found Jeremy and the team very reliable and easy to work with. Great problem solvers.Brisbane TransportBrisbane
Velvet Systems has advised and supported our company since 2017. They provide exceptional service delivered with a personal touch. Their technical expertise is second to none. We rely on them, we trust them, we recommend them.Errol WBrisbane
They are always quick to reply to my calls, helpful with any queries or questions I may have and always willing to go the extra mile for you. Would not have any hesitation at recommending the team at Velvet Systems to friends and family.Christine NBrisbane
Why use consulting services?
The benefits of using consulting services include
Access to a diversity of ideas from experiences outside your organisation. A service provider like Velvet Systems has a broad view of the local market from working with many similar clients, and we know what solutions work.
Scalability, and ease of termination when no longer needed.
Access to proven templates and processes – for example our information technology audit approach and checklists have been used in dozens of clients.
A consulting assignment is often lower cost than hiring and training a new employee, particularly if the need is short-to-medium term.
Access to specialised technical knowledge that isn’t available in your organisation. Velvet Systems has specialists in everything from cloud migration to hyperconverged infrastructure to project management to managed print services (and everything in between).
Speed of ramp-up and results – often happening much faster than hiring a full-time employee.
Providing blunt and honest feedback and opinions, untainted by “rose coloured organisational glasses”.
Because they are independent, objective, and without organisational baggage an external consultant can also be an effective change agent.