65% of small and medium enterprises will need to upgrade outdated infrastructure this year.
40% of small and medium enterprises will invest in increased IT security this year.
50% of small and medium enterprises will need to invest to support additional employees next year.
25% of small and medium enterprises will need to invest in IT because of regulatory changes.
Velvet Systems has been delivering IT projects successfully for decades
At some point your organisation will need to execute an IT project:
As your business grows and evolves you will need new information technology capabilities – things like new applications and new infrastructure, or perhaps cloud migration with new workflows, etc.
As time passes, some of your existing infrastructure and applications will need updating – physical servers, virtual servers, storage and backup systems, intrusion prevention devices (firewalls), switches and routers (LAN/WAN), workstations / computers, printers and other peripherals, email, etc.
The most effective approach to delivering IT projects is to use a proven methodology. Velvet Systems has decades of experience using our in-house methodology that is based on the Project Management Body Of Knowledge (the “PMBOK”) and selected parts of Agile.
Velvet Systems has the methodology, the technical expertise and the project management expertise. Working with our clients we have recently delivered:
- Migration of documents and information to the cloud (SharePoint), and migration of applications to the cloud (Office365, email, exchange, etc.).
- Server and network upgrades.
- Server and network new implementations.
- Hyper-converged infrastructure implementation (HP SimpliVity).
- Network security upgrades and testing.
- Server virtualisation.
- Backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- New office IT setup.
- Office moves.
- Email migrations both to on-premises infrastructure and to the cloud.
- Remote working solutions.
- Site office IT.
We have been using Velvet Systems for a number of years and have found them to be extremely helpful, and found Jeremy and the team very reliable and easy to work with. Great problem solvers.Brisbane TransportBrisbane
They are always quick to reply to my calls, helpful with any queries or questions I may have and always willing to go the extra mile for you. Would not have any hesitation at recommending the team at Velvet Systems to friends and family.Christine NBrisbane
Velvet Systems have been looking after our business needs for many years. They are always helpful and efficient. Recently, we moved office and we were so grateful to have the Velvet team on our side, working for the best possible outcome. I would recommended them to anyone needing IT support and guidance.Brisbane Wealth managementBrisbane
How to tell if your IT project is bogged down
- Unexpectedly high amounts of overtime.
- Resources continually diverted away from the project.
- High cost variance and schedule variance.
- Milestones consistently not met.
- Many unexpected scope and deliverable changes.
- Absence of clearly defined deliverables.
- Absence of a clearly defined end-point (no agreement about what “done” means).
- Absence of a detailed work break-down structure (WBS) and schedule, for example an MS Project plan.
- Risk events unexpectedly happen (risks are not managed).
- Vendors and sub-contractors cost more than expected and/or are confused about their deliverables.
- Lack of team focus and cohesion, lack of interest in the project.
- Disinterested and unsupportive stakeholders.
- Consistently poor communication.